HTML and CSS are languages that have advanced the web application development projects and enterprises which has made it easy for webmasters to see what lies ahead. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) are now running on latest versions, CSS3 and HTML5 respectively.
HTML5 and CSS3 are both evolving versions and they have been successfully moulding the things just the way we want them to be. In this blog, we shall read about how CSS3 and HTML5 are different from their previous versions and what features are most useful in web application development.
- New Doctype: HTML5 has a new doctype function where you only need to write and you are ready to go. There is no struggle of memorizing complicated and difficult codes. The declaration is very simple in this version and it allows browsers to render page in the standard mode.
- Media Support: HTML5 brings you an outstanding audio and video support. You can easily add audio and video files to make your website look lively and engaging.
- Flawless content editing: The current HTML version has an attribute called contenteditable that helps you edit content quickly and easily. This can help in taking advantage of local storage and various other uses.
- Article and Section: The HTML5 is provided with two semantic tags
<section>to help you increase your search engine visibility. This will facilitate users to compose an article into multiple sections and integrate multiple articles into a single section.
- The Figure element: The previous versions of HTML lack the ability to provide any caption for the image. The previous HTML versions did not provide any way to associate the caption to make it more informative and comprehensive. However, in HTML5 there is new figure element which can be combined with element in order to easily associate caption with the other elements of an image.
- Border Images: CSS3 has introduced a new feature that is border images. This feature allows you to exchange a border with an image. It helps you specify an image in place of a plain solid coloured border.
- CSS3 selectors: CSS selectors are more updated and improved in CSS3 version. With these selectors, DOM elements can be chosen on the bases of their attributes easily. There is no need to specify classes and ID’s for each and every element. You can use the field elements to perform styling functions.
- Font Additions: Adding fonts is easy in CSS3 and all you need to do is just upload the file to your server, link to the CSS file and add fonts as per your choice.
- Opacity levels: In previous versions, designers had to create a new image or make use of CSS filters. But in CSS3, you simply have to provide an input that will get the desirable effects.
CSS3 and HTML5 are now more improved and this can help designers will have more possible ways to provide sophisticated projects. They are technologically advanced and thus we can get the best out of them for web application development.